- No artifical limits or add-ons required to make your system fully functional.
- No additional usage or feature based pricing. Enjoy unlimited users, unlimited firewall rules, unlimited IPsec tunnels, dual WAN, etc.
- Low power requirements to help save you money.
- No moving parts to wear out.
- This system is designed for a long deployment lifetime.
- From firewall to Unified Threat Management, get all the security features you need to protect your home or business.
- Flexible configuration and support for multi-WAN, high availability, VPN, load balancing, reporting and monitoring, etc.
- Add optional packages such as Snort or Suricata for IDS/IPS and network security monitoring, Squid for optimized content delivery and SquidGuard for anti-spam/anti-phishing and URL filtering.1
- Maximum Active Connections: 1.8 million
- Manage pfSense settings through our web-based GUI.
- No fumbling with a command line interface or typing arcane commands.
- Connect via encrypted Virtual Private Networks (VPN) between your offices, let mobile workers connect security, or connect to the Cloud!
- Use the built-in Amazon VPC Wizard to easily establish VPN connections with your Amazon EC2 cloud.
- Small Businesses
- Small to Medium Sized Business Networks
- Small to Medium Sized Branch Office
- Managed Service Provider / Managed Security Service Provider (MSP/MSSP) On Premises Appliance
- Teleworkers needing an “Always-Up” network or VPN connections
pfSense is a free, open source firewall and router platform based on FreeBSD that is functionally competitive with expensive, proprietary commercial firewalls. pfSense can be configured as a stateful packet filtering firewall, a LAN or WAN router, VPN Appliance, DHCP Server, DNS Server, or can be configured for other applications and special purpose Appliances. This next generation pfSense security appliance features include:
- Stateful packet filtering firewall or pure router
- Routing policy per gateway and per-rule for multiple WAN, failover, load balancing
- Transparent layer 2 firewall
- Support for IPV6, NAT, BGP
- Captive portal with MAC filtering, RADIUS support, etc
- VPN: IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP
- Dynamic DNS client
- DHCP Server and Relay functions
- PPPoE Server
- Reporting and monitoring features with real time information
|CPU||Marvell Armada 3720 (88F3720) ARMv8-A 64-bit Cortex A53 @ 1.2GHz with NEON SIMD and FPU|
|CPU CORES||Dual Core|
|NETWORKING||One 1 Gigabit Ethernet WAN port (RJ45 / SFP Combo)|
Four 1 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports (Marvel 88E6141 switch, uplink at 2.5 Gbps)
LAN ports can be repurposed for additional WAN ports
|STORAGE||8GB eMMC Flash on board, factory-upgradable to 32 GB M.2 SATA 2242 Solid State Drive (not NVMe compatible)|
|MEMORY||4 GB DDR4 (not expandable)|
|EXPANSION||1x M.2 ‘B’ key sockets (SSD, LTE)|
1x miniPCIe (WiFi)
|CONSOLE PORT||MiniUSB (console cable included)|
|USB PORTS||1x 2.0 port|
|LED||3 full color RGB LEDs (Pattern info here)|
|ENCLOSURE||Desktop 1.7″ (42.2 mm) tall x 4.25″ (108 mm) deep x 6.8″ (172.7 mm) wide|
with integrated keyholes for easy wall mounting
|POWER||External ITE P/S AC/DC 100-240V, 50-60 Hz, 12V 2.0A, threaded barrel connector|
AC Inlet: IEC320-C7 (2 PIN)
One US, UK, EU or ANZ power cord included
US Power Cord: NEMA 1-15P to IEC320-C7
UK Power Cord: BS 1363 to IEC320-C7
EU Power Cord: CEE7/16 to IEC320-C7
ANZ Power Cord: AS 3112 (ungrounded) to IEC320-C7
|ENVIRONMENTAL||32°F (0°C) to 122°F (50°C)|
|CERTIFICATIONS||CE, FCC (Class B), RoHS, UL, RCM, VCCI|